Monday, August 30, 2010

Emmy time!

You go Sue Sylvester!! Photo from in.reuters.com
I figured since everything I write about in this humble publication is related to television, I had a sort of obligation to watch the Emmys last night, so watch the Emmys I did. I had some trouble focusing because the entire time my sister kept asking where Macie from 16 and Pregnant was, but here are some thoughts...

1. Did anyone else notice that the guy who played Charles Logan in 24 was nominated for an Emmy? Who would nominate him for any award besides Most Annoying Television Character of All Time? I was in shock AND awe. But I was also secretly a little bit proud because I lurrvee it whenever 24 gets any form of recognition.

2. Speaking of 24 receiving recognition, I think the Emmys MAJORLY dropped the ball on that one. Where was the lengthy, heart wrenching 24 montage? Where was the giant cake cut in the shape of Jack Bauer? They could have at least done a little terrorist scare during the awards ceremony, just to give the audience a sense of what they had lost. The only possible explanation for this negligence is that they are waiting for the movie to come out, after which they'd better pull out ALL THE STOPS.

3. Wooohooo Modern Family!!!! That show rocks my socks. Also wooohooo Top Chef!! And Kyra Sedgwick!!! And Jane Lynch!!! And Glee in general!!! If I had been there (and I still am SOSOSO confused about why I wasn't invited...) I most definitely would have stood up with the foam finger I would have smuggled in and cheered when those shows slash people won. But oh well, we can't change the past. Or, maybe according to Lost, we can, but I don't watch Lost, and now it's over anyway, so I guess I'll never know.

4. Lastly, I <3 Ricky Gervais. Why is it that British people have the comedy leg up on everyone else just because they are British? It's kind of unfair, when you think about it. But I don't really think about it, or anything else really, so it's fine.

1 comment:

  1. I love your Emmys Summary.

    Agreed: Jane Lynch, all things related to Glee, and Ricky Gervais are equally awesome... and I do need to point out that we are 1/4 British so maybe we can hope to be a quarter as comedic as British people... maybe?

    ReplyDelete